Visit the all-music companion site, the MusicBox!

Editor's Note: The MusicBox link will be back up shortly...


12.15.2008

Arlo Guthrie: Timeless


I kind of like the idea of putting up three songs as a mini-setlist, or at least two for comparison. In this case, I have Arlo doing City of New Orleans in 1978, and quite a bit later with the Boston Pops (typically not my favourite). Like Pete Seeger, his appeal is timeless.





A while back I discovered on YouTube Arlo's wife Jackie has a plethora of Arlo's videos up; her site is here. There's really great things there... I highly recommend you check it out if you're a fan of Arlo at all. In the spirit of the season, don't miss Arlo as Santa (the Communist?) in The Pause of Mr. Claus.


3 comments:

  1. where's the song? am i missing something?

    great link tho

    -justnick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, yes, sorry about that... I threw the post up here before I had the song competely set, then I had problems with my playlist, and life, so I didn't get back to it right away.

    I don't know, you still might be missing something, though, lol!

    LadyM

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.... Glad you like the link!

    ReplyDelete

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -