Visit the all-music companion site, the MusicBox!

Editor's Note: The MusicBox link will be back up shortly...


12.17.2008

Musica: Louie, Louie

Something lighter for today, yesterday's post being darker and introspective. So a fun video of The Kingsmen performing "Louie, Louie". People always debate over the lyrics, and there have been a number of versions, with varying lyrics, but I've posted the theoretically official Kingsmen lyrics below. I'll let you debate the rest... The video does end a little oddly edited.







Louie, Louie, oh no,

We gotta go.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, baby

Louie, Louie, oh baby,

Oh we gotta go.



A fine little girl, she waitin for me;

Me catch a ship across the sea.

I sailed the ship all alone;

Me never think how I make it home



Chorus



Three nights and days I sailed the sea,

Me think of girl oh, constantly.

On the ship, I dream she there;

I smell the rose in her hair.



Chorus



Ok, let’s give it to ‘em! Right now!



Solo



Me see Jamaica moon above;

It won’t be long me see me love.

Me take her in my arms and then

I tell her I never leave again.

Chorus



Let’s take it on outta here now

Let’s go!






No comments:

Post a Comment

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -